Tuesday, March 31, 2009

like 64% of art students, I have a thing for little sparrow-y city birds and tangled masses of branch

These are some friends of mine.  Accidental videos are the sidewaysest!  I mean the best.  


O HAI

Oh, and Montreal is pretty much designed to climb all up over at a moment's desire, if you can take a bit of dust and the moderate thrill of kicking your boots against the side of old buildings at people's head level.  We saw had the most epic-ly boring evening right after, with stolen birthday cake and deliberately terrible karaoke and Eddie Vedder's ghost channeled into a roots rocker and it was AWESOME.

I also totally wasn't kidding about the birds.  They were having a little tea party this morning in the lot behind the arts building!  So springy, wish I'd had some breadcrumbs in my pocket, even if it is a strange thing to carry around.  I know it's not the most amazing picture in the world, but actually if you look at it for more than 4 seconds it starts to become quite beautiful, like a cloud of smoke or daydream of park light... oooweeeeooooooooooo.  It was kind of a moment, and I also got a big kick out of taking pictures of presumably nothing, a couple steps away from the art hang, because regardless of how eccentric it might look, in that general vicinity bird-picturing ranks a modest LOW in weird behaviour.  

I even have a relevant drawing to post.  tweet!

No comments: