Monday, August 3, 2009

So I was in hiding...


... and now I am not.

Right now I am drawing little pen-pieces again, quite like the feeling I had while making Planetjam (which you should go buy and support wee little artsy me and my ever-growing need for canvas space even though I totally can't find places under my bed for all the finished works, egad!)

There isn't really a theme except for whatever's brewing just below the surface of my head, so the titles of these two are really more of a happy surprise than anything premeditated.  Fire and Water are the most passionate of elements, the sexiest and the most unpredictable... it's a small surprise that they're my favourite to try and capture in pen.  



With a few more of these finished I'll be printing them out onto lovely cardstock and selling them for a reasonable bit of pocket-copper at the BOOM-CHIX-A-BOOM sidewalk sale/benefit event at La Centrale Galerie Powerhouse, August 22nd and 23rd, it should be a hoot of a hootenany!  All my other zines will be for sale as well, and I'll be sharing a table with the lovely Amber of Ambeau Peanut Butter, + friend.  Hope to see you out in the sun-rays! 

(a poem)

WOOSH WOOPER SUPER-NATCH-O
oh no he's bought the owl!  and it's hungry
I used to collect matchbooks with one match left
in the behind of my bookshelf
just in case the sky got hungry
and went AROEIWOINRWNGAOEIROWIR *ping*

No comments: