Thursday, January 15, 2009

graar! I come from a swamp... to look fashionable at you

Went to a wig-making workshop today. Can we say fabulous? I wasn't even allowed to go and then I get an email saying I'd been pushed up from the waiting list to the list of lucky stars who got to take glue guns to creepy hair weaves for an afternoon. Improvement of situation, yes!

It was pretty cool, not terribly informative or mindblowing, but a neat craft session. It got me thinking actually about making shaman masks or wigs later on. Hearing Kali's name so often in my religion class that came right before must have informed the black disaster I'm so expertly modelling up there, and I kinda wish I'd had a whole head of the stuff to work with, you know, really push that crazed medicine woman primal tresses thing. I can see a series with this...

Oh yeah, and in other news people don't hate my watercolour work. Neat buckets!

I thought they were disparate as hell but no, apparently they're all quite equally strange and loveable. :)

(if you click on the picture you can see them close up on my flickr set)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Beautiful! I was talking about Kali the other day with my mom and my sister. That wig truly does her justice...

Your watercolours are also lovely and bizarre, and I was thinking of tarot cards as I looked through them individually. (They told me my future, and it was lovely..)