Thursday, January 8, 2009

on lizards, and wizards

"All that I made before the age of 65 is not worth counting. At 73 I began to understand the true construction of animals, plants, trees, birds, fishes, and insects. At 90 I will enter into the secret of things. At 110 everything -- every dot, every dash -- will live."
- Hokusai

I've been feeling inevitable lately. Full of piss, vinegar, and only slightly sick from the intense effort of living to the fullest. I even managed to sleep last night! Finished 10 watercolours for draw studio, which I'll post later for sure. My performance art class is also looking to be that class that actually teaches something about art (there's always one, if you're lucky). I skipped ahead in the online syllabus and found some links to Miranda July on Youtube, which made me squee, because gosh darnit I think she's adorable. Yeah, I know, whatever, she's a privileged art-heiress, but I think her work is actually really sweet, and anyone with eyes so freaky crystal blue just has to be good, right? Of course.

Keep watch for some performance art going down over here, too... I've got ideas up the wazoo, which actually surprised me but I think I might take to this like a fly to jelly, so to speak. It's just too ripe for, well, anything. I will not mail you real spam in the mail, though, I promises. :)



1 comment:

Kay said...

Dude.... I really love your blog. Really.
I must admit I've been lurking around your vegan foods one for months, and this new year I've decided to come out of hiding.. it seems this is where you are now (and it reads and looks supercool, imho).
It's really inspired me today to start drawing again (like really wanting to, not just because I think I should), and I've pretty much done nada since Canterbury.

So, thanks! I'll definitely be back. And thanks for not mailing real spam.

KD